Friday, October 26, 2007

Baby fell sick :(

Baby was having cough & flu since yesterday, so I brought him to the clinic yesterday morning. After some medication, he looked OK and so I didn't bring him to the hospital since hubby was not back from outstation as yet.

Got a call from hubby today at around 7.30pm while I finished dinner and was about to go home...telling me that baby is crying since 7pm, looked like he was looking for me, so asking me to come home quickly.

The moment I got home, looking at my poor lil boy crying there, immediately I hugged him and I felt the heat on his forehead. He's got fever! Hubby & I quickly pack the bag and off we went to the hospital's emergency room. He vomited in the car while we almost reached there...poor baby...

Thank God we didnt need to wait in a queue! Immediately when we arrived, the nurse came by and checked him in the room, then wrote down all necessary details and then an MO came to check on baby. He said :" This is viral fever , and there's also oral infection. If the fever doesnt subside in 3days, please come back to do a blood test." Baby cried like mad when he was checked by this Indian MO and he vomited again...
Then there was this nurse who came and inserted the medication into baby's rectum. She also took a small pale of warm water in and sponged baby to help release those heat from his body... At last we collected the medicine and baby fell asleep as we drove home....

My heart broke when I saw baby crying in discomfort. He has never fall sick like this and at his 13th month now, this is the first time. I believe he himself doesnt know how to cope with this. He refused to take milk and he vomited each time when he cried & coughed. He couldnt sleep coz his nose is blocked but he's exhausted. Poor baby...

As I cuddled him all night long, I wished I could take the discomfort, the fever, the phlem & flu all away from him, so he could just rest and sleep well...And I really hope the medication will help him fast...

6 comments:

Dio Brando said...

My bb just recovered from a throat viral infection. He had a fever 4 3days. On and off... something when this kind of things happen u just wish that he could talk and tell u where he feels discomfort.

Hope he gets well soon :)

Sakura6267 said...

Oh poor baby boy! I feel sick and miserable now too because of a cold, but it's so much worse for a little baby that's new to this world and can't understand why he has to feel so bad and icky! :( I hope he will get well very fast!

zewt said...

poor thing... the loving heart of a mother.... just so loving...

Natasha said...

Hey there, hope your baby is feeling better!!! I know how it feels like, and pray that you're handling it well. Take care.

Daniel said...

hope ur baby get well soon

sharlydia said...

dio - thx! yeah u'r right, i wish baby could tell me how uncomfortable he was...

sakura - thx! do read about his updates in my latest post.

zewt - guess that's a natural behaviour of a mum...

natasha - thx for the prayers.

daniel - thx!