Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lost of a love one

Supposedly planned to continue my writing about Europe trip, but I was really busy during the day and my mood was so affected by an event today...

I attended the funeral of my friend, T's mum, today in the church. The news about T's mum came to us on Sunday morning when her mum passed away in the hospital.

T's mum is a Christian and she's a regular church go-er, so we always see her in church. Once a while, she will come by and check out my baby and talk a lil bit...

At the funeral, I saw T, her brother, elder sister and her dad, ALL very sad. T was crying almost all the time...I know it must have been a tough fact to accept that her mum is now gone, forever...

After the funeral while driving home, hubby & I were just talking about T's mum...Though she was only 52, her life was so blessed (at least from what we see). She has a son and 2 daughters, a loving husband, and she accepted Jesus Christ about 10 years ago. Infact we should feel happy for her that she's now in paradise! Ofcoz it's easier said than done if we are not the family members, but both hubby & I thought, at least she could leave this world without much regret...

This conversation prompted me about my mum...If she were to die today, I'll really really feel sad, not just because she's my mum and that she loves me so so much, but because I'm not able to share Jesus' love with her! So I really hope and pray that I can convince her one day, to accept Jesus Christ as her Lord & Savior...so I may be reunited with her one day in Heaven! And I really wanna love her so much more and do so much more for her while I still can...

11 comments:

zewt said...

so we do have a common friend and you're from wesley huh...

i was at the wake on sunday so didnt make it today. how i wish my mom accepted Christ. now i can only ask for God's mercy and grace.

sharlydia said...

zewt - ya i couldnt make it for the wake services both on sun & mon...

Anyway just continue to ask for God's mercy lar. Is your dad Christian?

Dio Brando said...

Losing a close one is never easy to except... We say those kind of things to comfort ourselves...

Althought I have not lost a loved one yet... but I total understand the feeling.

Hows your mom? Any good results on the test?

Anonymous said...

It's hard when someone you love very much passes away... but we should pray that they rest in peace and well in the hands of God

sharlydia said...

dio brando - thx for remembering my mum, pls continue to pray for her as the hospital hasnt called us for the result as yet...

daniel - yes true. but i really really hope my parents will accept Jesus Christ b4 they go...

Sakura6267 said...

That's so sad. And she was only 52? That's such a young age to pass away. What did she die of?

sharlydia said...

sakura6267 - She has kidney infection, most probably dued to her hypertention...

zewt said...

no, he isnt. you still go to wesley?

sharlydia said...

zewt - u gotta continue to pray for ur dad then...Yes i still go to wesley.

Anonymous said...

52 is really very young. hope her family is coping well with the loss.

and hope someone out there can come out wif a cure for AIDS and Cancer.

sharlydia said...

alvin - yeah, still praying for them...