Monday, December 31, 2007

Last day of the year...

Today is 31 Dec, last day of year 2007...

This year's new year eve is slightly different for me, coz the feeling is so different. Usually (at least for the past not sure how many years), I'll be busy helping out at sis' house for a new year eve party. Then the whole family plus some sis & bro-in-law's close friends will have a party and count down together, then ofcoz there will be drinking all night long....

Sis is not having a party this year coz the maid ran away and the new maid just came in & needed some time to settle down....But even if sis is hosting a party like before, hubby & I may not enjoy it as much as last time I guess...Why? I'll leave this to another day's post...

So what's happening tonight? Hubby's auntie is having a party and invited all of us to her house, so we shall be there together with our baby, then most probably leaving early so it wont disturb baby's sleeping time....No count down then? Yeah...most probably just counting down with hubby at home :(

2007 has been an eventful year for me. The year started with me being a new mother, baby was 3 months old in Jan; then I was breastfeeding till about March/April time; then some chemistry between my boss & I broke down & I got really pissed of him and work was just so stressful for me; lucky for me coz I then found some true friends at workplace which helped lighten up my days, then I changed job & went through a really tough learning curve (still goin through it actually); then hubby & I went to Europe for 2 weeks where I achieved my dream to visit Rome...

Besides, 2007 has been a "not-so-happy" and "drawing-away-from-sisters" year too for me....In my whole life I've never felt so distanced from my 3 sisters, especially my elder sister. Due to the many many miscommunications, misunderstanding & all, our relationships are no longer as close as before (at least that's how I felt)...So I really hope this will be improved in the coming 2008!

Nonetheless, I just want to wish everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

8 comments:

zewt said...

if boss hates you... time to move on...

countdown with hubby not a bad idea la....

Sunshine said...

happy new year! just be thankful you can still be at home, there are a lot of people out there who are in the service industry who is still working :P

sharlydia said...

zewt - left already lor, that's y i wrote "who moved my cheese" in Aug...Not complaining about the counting down with hubby lar, but abit boring lor 2 fler right?

sunshine - happy new year to u too! yeah...i gotta be more appreciative i guess...Hope u had a wonderful celebration though!

Natasha said...

happy new year sharlydia!

sharlydia said...

natahsa - happy new year to u too!

Daniel said...

Sharlydia, let the unhappy things behind n hope 2008 will bring u n ur family lots of joy, laughter, n great health

Anonymous said...

daniel - thx! definitely hoping & praying for that u've mentioned...

Dio Brando said...

Its the new year, we have to look forward to whats ahead but also to note the mistakes of the past

Hope ur relationship with your sisters improve and also the health of your mom :)