Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Warehouse sales

Was talking to a friend who is a fan to all kinds of branded warehouse sales yesterday, and she told me she has been to many of those recently...it's like a warehouse clearance season or something! haha...

Actually I was also one of them too, who went to one of those warehouse sales last week, bought myself some nice Raoul shirts and Raoul ties for my hubby. Plus, I've gotten the Guess watch which I've been wanting to buy...now got it at almost 50-60% off the retail price at the same warehouse sale. Ofcoz I've got some clothes for baby too from Gap kids...

As I was queu-ing for the fitting room, I saw some ladies grabbed like 20 handbags as if they have not bought any handbags in their whole life...some men with some 50 shirts as if they have not worn Raoul shirts before...haha, I just laughed at them....

Well on one side I kept hearing some people saying that our economy is not doing good and economy in this country will soon face its downturn...Yet on the other side, I also kept hearing about how people has been spending hundreds or thousands of dollar in those warehouse sales or stock clearance 'events'....If the country economy is not doing good, I sometimes wonder where do these people get their money from to spend & spend without much consideration?

So, are you one of those who will go to these warehouse sales?

7 comments:

Sunshine said...

i used to go to those fisher & price warehouse sales, but these days i dont go anymore cos there are loads of people, and looking at the way they grab things... its crazy!

so how much was the shirts you got? are they that cheap? very old season stuffs or not?

Natasha said...

i don't really bother much with these sales unless it's 'very' nearby where I live or work and its convenient for me to go. Rushing in the mad rush for these is not my cup of tea.

Daniel said...

used to go to these kinda warehouse sales, but now cannot liow... lazy.. ;p

sharlydia said...

sunshine - yeah i've been selective too when i go to these sales...The Raoul ladies shirts I got RM200 for 2 (min must buy 2). They are still selling these SAME shirts at the Raoul boutiques, but at RM259 each!

natasha - haha...I wish i'm more like u, but anyway i dont go to each & every1 of those lar...

daniel - yalar sometimes i missed some of these too coz lady to go all the way to town, UNLESS i have something specific that i wanna get from the sale, like this one that i went to...

Dio Brando said...

I dun like to go to these kindof events. Too many ppl and most importantly, I dun need to get anything from these kind of sales.

Lucky for me, both my wife n myself dun like shopping. Both of us can dun buy new clothes for a whole yr. Save money...

Anonymous said...

I just go to the warehouse sales which I am interested.

sharlydia said...

dio - diff pple diff interest then...hehe! actually i dont fancy these sales all the time, but i'm definitely into shopping, so when it's a better deal on things i wanna buy, i'll surely be there...

sean - cool...me too!