Thursday, August 21, 2008

He has grown up so much!

After so much shopping for my lil girl, I realized I haven’t really pre-wash those clothes, bed sheet, pillow cases etc for her, so I did yesterday…Since I also bought some new clothes for the elder boy, I’ve included them in the washer.

While I was hanging those clothes, I realized my boy has grown up so much! When I compare those clothes I bought for my baby girl with those for my boy, hanging them side by side, I realized my boy is no longer a baby, like how I always call him…Soon he will be a big brother to the lil baby sister!

Now as daddy & I get ready for baby girl to arrive, we probably have to do something to help our boy to be ready too, for his new sibling! Of cause we have been educating him about his lil sister’s existence & her arrival soon, but are these sufficient? Maybe we should have brought him to some of the gynae appointments, so he can see from the ultrasound screen that there’s a real baby in mummy’s tummy, but then again, will he really understand it?

I took an online quiz today on whether my boy is ready for a new sibling. My score was 21, which says: “It sounds like you have a nice balance of involvement with your child and your pregnancy. Be sure to answer any questions he may have, but be brief and don't go into more detail than is age-appropriate.” So I guess we are more or less there, but need to do more in preparing my boy…

Anyone has any good suggestions for me?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. cant help..
when is ur expected delivery date?

Dio Brando said...

Looks like everything is going smoothly for you so far...
Can't offer any advise, dun have a no. 2 yet :P
Think the only think you can do is maybe show him some books on childbirth or pregnancy... especially those with lots of pics... could help him to relate to what is happening to you.

Daniel said...

Sharlydia, looks like u r doing very well. Keep up wit ur good work

sharlydia said...

cbenc12 - I'm due anytime this week! Am so excited and I hope i can still find some time to blog after having my 2nd baby...

dio - i guess it's too ambitious to show him those coz he doesnt understand lar...hahaha! Anyway, thx for the suggestion.

daniel - thanx! and pls continue to support my blog when i'm back from my break, ok?

Sofia Esteves said...

This is such an awesome asset, to the point that you are giving and you give it away for nothing. Our article has piqued a lot of positive interest.
Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experience.
car shipping quote
car transport solutions